About UsMeet Our Brokers
Your Business IS Our Business
At BEACON Business Group, we show Midwest business owners how to sell their businesses and get the greatest financial benefits when they sell their companies. We work with you as well as your trusted advisors to develop and implement successful exit strategies that allow you to sell when you want to—for the best possible financial outcome—and not when you have to. Meet our brokers to see why we are leading the industry in buying and selling family-owned businesses.
Unsurpassed Service for Business Owners
- We focus exclusively on privately-held and family-owned Wisconsin and Illinois businesses.
- We team up with your attorneys, accountants, bankers, financial planners and other trusted advisors to ensure your best interests are served.
- We work with a limited number of clients, so we can dedicate our resources to making each business sale a success. Our closing percentage is 95 percent, while the industry average is around 30 percent.
- We provide and require strict confidentiality throughout the marketing and sales processes.
- We ensure that only buyers with the financial strength and professional background to purchase a business have access to your confidential business information.
- We provide a full range of marketing services to drive awareness of your listing.
- We fully manage the selling process from listing through negotiations and due diligence to a successful closing.
Products and Services We Offer
- No-Cost Broker’s Opinion of Value Report—A current market value estimate of your business that provides a stake in the ground from which to build an exit strategy.
- BEACON Sellability Report—A complete “tool kit” for owners to help pinpoint strengths and weaknesses within their businesses. We then work with you to optimize growth opportunities and minimize any red flags that could have a negative effect on market value.
- Investor Prequalification Program—A screening process that ensures we provide confidential information only to investors that have the financial strength to successfully buy/run your business.
- Full Range of Marketing Services—Advertising on 175-200 websites; specialized marketing to targeted investors; access to proprietary network of potential investors as well as BEACON’s own database of pre-qualified buyers.
- Complete business brokerage services.
MEET OUR BROKERS
Your Business Selling Specialists
Steve founded BEACON Business Group in 2006. He has more than 15 years of Mergers and Acquisitions experience and has personally sold more than 100 Wisconsin and Illinois businesses in a wide variety of industries. He is a Certified Business Intermediary with the International Business Brokers Association (IBBA) and an Accredited Business Intermediary with the American Business Brokers Association (ABBA). Both are the highest level of educational certification awarded within their respective organizations. He is also a member of the IBBA Education Committee, a founding member of the ABBA Best Practices Forum, a founding member of the Wisconsin chapter of the Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries, a member of the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) conference planning committee, and serves on the board of directors for the Wisconsin Association of Financial Professionals (WIAFP). Prior to founding BEACON Business Group, Steve spent four years as the top listing and selling broker at another Mergers and Acquisitions advisory firm in Wisconsin. Steve is a passionate business broker, helping business owners to plan strategically when deciding to sell or exit their business. His goal is to confidentially and professionally help Wisconsin and Illinois business owners start retirement or begin a new chapter, leaving a business legacy that takes care of employees and preserves the critical relationship with customers.
Rick has been in the Mergers and Acquisitions industry for more than 14 years. Prior to joining BEACON Business Group in 2010, he worked for another Wisconsin-based business brokerage for five years. Rick had more than 25 years in business ownership and general business management prior to becoming a business broker. His hands-on experience and understanding of how businesses function and react through the ongoing economic changes in today’s world help him identify with the current business market. If a company isn’t ready for sale today, Rick can identify specific ways to strengthen the business financially, so the owner can get the best value at closing. Rick’s skill set uniquely qualifies him to guide people through the intricacies of their business sale or acquisition.
Before joining BEACON Business Group in 2017, Catherine spent more than 35 years in publishing and national media, where as editor-in-chief she led major editorial brands such as Taste of Home, the world’s largest food media brand, and Prevention, the nation’s largest health magazine. As Marketing Director for BEACON, Catherine brings a wealth of experience developing marketing and brand messaging for editorial products sold online, through the mail, at retail and on television. At BEACON, she puts this expertise into leading the effort to optimally showcase our clients’ businesses for sale and to spread the word about how our business-selling experts can help their clients get the greatest financial benefit when they are ready to sell.
Tami Krupski serves as BEACON’s Database and Digital Marketing Specialist, managing all outbound hard mail, email and social media marketing efforts. Most recently employed at Allen Edmonds, Tami has more than 10 years of B2B and B2C email marketing experience and a broad range of marketing skills: campaign development, database management, segmentation, reporting and social media. At Allen Edmonds, she played an integral role in increasing the company’s website traffic by 25 percent and online sales by 15 percent in just two years. Tami also has IT experience (which we truly appreciate) and co-owned a restaurant with her husband.
Rachel accepted the newly created position of Brokerage Manager in September 2018. Prior to joining BEACON Business Group, she was a paralegal for the law firm of von Briesen & Roper, where she worked in the Trust & Estates division. In her capacity as a paralegal, she assisted both attorneys and clients with various administrative needs, including preparing tax, real estate and estate-planning documentation; completing valuations of estate assets; and managing all financial transactions within estates and trusts. Rachel is a Notary Public in the state of Wisconsin and a longtime coach for the Milwaukee Public Schools Special Olympics program.
Ready to sell your business?
We provide information to help you explore your options with confidence.